Winter is quickly approaching, and for some, that means putting your e-Bike into storage. We know that it’s never and easy decision to make, but sometimes you just have to put your e-Bike away for the chilly winter months. We want to help you make sure that your e-Bike is in tip-top shape for spring riding, so we’ve together these tips on how to store your e-Bike and battery.
How to Safely Store Your e-Bike
- Before you put your e-Bike away for hibernation, be sure that the frame and components are cleaned off. You can do this by simply taking a damp cloth and gently wiping it down. By cleaning your e-Bike, you’re removing the salt and dirt from the frame which, if left too long, can corrode your frame.
- When putting your e-Bike away for the winter, be sure to store it in a cool, dry, place that’s out of the elements. Some spots we suggest are the garage, basement, or shed.
Tips for Storing Your Battery
- Remove the battery from your GenZe and store it separately from your e-Bike.
- Store your battery at room temperature. This would ideally be between 50 F to 90 F.
- Charge or discharge the battery to approximately 50% – 80% capacity before storing. How to tell if you’ve got the right amount of charge? There should be three lights lit up on your battery.
- Charge the battery to approximately 50% of capacity at least once per month. However, make sure that it isn’t charged to 100%.
We hope that these tips help you rest easier knowing that your e-Bike is being stored in the best, and safest, way possible. For all our riders who are putting their e-Bikes into storage for the winter, we can’t wait to see you on the road in a few months! For those interested in getting a GenZe e-Bike for themselves, or leaning more about our products, click here.